Family profiles will allow parents to be able to login to their own MySkillChart account to view their children's progress. When creating a family profile, you will be able to choose to add more than one parent and child.
Adding a Parent
- From the menu on the menu on the left hand side, choose the “Families” tab.
- Click on the icon.
- Enter in the following required information.
- the First Name, Last Name and email address for the parent.
- Enter in additional information if needed.
- Select the notification option for the family.
- Click Create.
Click the notifications option for the family, the families can take this option off in their portal if they desire. You can add parents, relatives, and students here.
Adding Additional Parents
- From the menu on the left hand side, choose the “Families” tab.
- Find the family you wish to add members to in the list.
- Next to their name under Actions, click on the 3 dots.
- Select the sign on the left hand side.
- Complete the profile information.
- Choose Create.
Email sent to New Families
Families will receive an automated no-reply email from MySkillChart when a family account is created. This feature cannot be turned off.
Adding a Student to an existing family
- Click on Families from the left hand menu.
- Search for the family and click the pencil icon.
- Select the Student tab.
- To create a student, click the + icon.
- Enter the student's information.
- Click Save.
Adding New Students to Programs
After adding a new student, you do not have to choose a program if a program is not yet applicable for the student. You can always come back and add a program later.
Staff viewing Families Profiles
Staff will not have access to this information unless staff is given admin access.